Welcome to A Great Story to Tell, a website that highlights how the progressive community of Gainesville and Hall County, Georgia, stands out in so many ways compared to the rest of the United States.
- Gainesville-Hall County is the third-highest value producer of exports through Georgia's deep-water ports.
- Brenau University has one of the state's largest nursing education programs.
- Gainesville is home to an innovative learning center - the Featherbone Communiversity.
- Gainesville-Hall County is the highest value producer of food-processing production in Georgia.
- Gainesville-Hall County serves nearby manufacturing plants for BMW, Volvo, Mercedes and others.
- A new $200 million hospital and multi-specialty medical practice is planned for construction in 2010.
- Gainesville State College is the fastest growing college in the University System of Georgia.
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center's Cancer Center is among the top 6 percent in the nation.
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center invested over a quarter billion dollars in new construction.
- North Georgia's healthcare headquarters: 2.5 million square feet of medical offices.