Welcome to A Great Story to Tell, a website that highlights how the progressive community of Gainesville and Hall County, Georgia, stands out in so many ways compared to the rest of the United States.
- Lanier Tech is Georgia's state-of-the-art center for manufacturing technologies.
- Lake Lanier homes have maintained value (average $605,000) despite economic correction.
- Smithgall Woodland Garden is poised to become one of the largest woodland gardens in the country.
- Gainesville State College is the fastest growing college in the University System of Georgia.
- North Georgia’s retail hub: Over 8.3 million square feet of retail stores.
- The largest concentration of pre-retirement and active-adult housing companies in northern metro-Atlanta.
- Gainesville-Hall County is home to three institutions of higher education.
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville serves 700,000 people in 14 counties.
- Gainesville-Hall County serves a trade area of 16 counties and more than 1 million people.
- Brenau University has one of the state's largest nursing education programs.