Fair Street IB World School is a recipient of the "No Excuses Award" from the Georgia Public Policy Foundation. This award...
> view education stories
- Gainesville is home to an innovative learning center - the Featherbone Communiversity - that provides cross-generational learning through an alliance of regional educational institutions.
- Riverside Military Academy, based in Gainesville for more than a century, has invested more than $80 million in its facilities and classroom technology.
- The Riverside Military Academy is a 236-acre private college preparatory boarding and day school with over 400 students in grades 6-12 from over 10 countries.
- The Hall County School System features a World Language Academy - a public charter elementary school that immerses children in Spanish and English with additional instruction in the Mandarin Chinese language.
- Working with Lanier Technical College, the Featherbone Communiversity’s Manufacturing Development Center currently hosts and nurtures 15 unique start-up companies as part of a model “business incubator.”
- INK - the Interactive Neighborhood for Kids - is the largest children’s interactive museum in North Georgia. It is located in Gainesville.
- Gainesville State College is the fastest growing college in the University System of Georgia. It has experienced 13 percent growth annually over the past decade.
- Nationally recognized and one of the the largest private protected green spaces in Georgia, the Elachee Nature-Science Center offers accredited programs in environmental education.
- In addition to its core curriculum, Brenau University offers instruction in nursing, entertainment management, opera, and gerontology. The school also has an MBA program and an Online College.
- The Hall County and Gainesville City school systems offer five internationally accredited baccalaureate programs.
- Lanier Technical College is the premier training center in the Southeast for Lean Manufacturing and Ammonia Refrigeration Technologies.